1st Vice President:
2nd Vice President/ Membership Chair:
Any woman residing in the area is welcome to join the Hollis Woman’s Club. Annual dues are $30. To join, please send in the membership form with your dues included.
Who We Are
The Hollis Woman’s Club is part of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, the oldest and largest volunteer women’s organization in the world. Our club was organized in 1906 and has been active in the community ever since. We have approximately 130 members.
The objectives of the club, as stated in our by-laws, are fourfold: Social Activities, Educational Needs, Civic Support, and Philanthropic Donations.
When and Where We Meet
Our general monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month (September-May) at 9am at the Lawrence Barn, Depot Road, Hollis.
Babysitting is available at the meeting for $5 per family.
We hold a social hour prior to the business meeting at 9:45am. Our November meeting is typically a Potluck Supper, held at the Barn. Our May meeting is a luncheon held at a local restaurant or hotel.
We have several activity groups that meet on a regular basis. New groups can form at any time based on member interests. Currently, our activity groups include:
More details on these clubs are on this website under Activity Groups.
- Morning Book Group
- Evening Book Group
- Hollis Moms' Group
- Chick Flick Club
- Bunco Group
- Board Game Bash
- Projects & Pleasantries
- Bridge Group
- Out to Lunch
- Wednesday Luncheon Gourmet
- Four Seasons Supper Club
- Mah Jongg Group
- Walking Group
The Strawberry Festival in June and the Apple Festival in October, in conjunction with the Hollis Town Band, are the major fundraising efforts of the Hollis Woman’s Club. We have also organized the Hollis Home Tour in previous years.
Previous Interests Supported
- Introductory Bus Ride for First Grade at Hollis Primary School
- Hollis/Brookline High School First Robotics Team
- Hollis/Brookline Community Auditorium Fund
- Hollis/Brookline Schools Athletic Fields
- US Veterans Services
- Pastoral Care Center
- Blood Mobile
- Child and Family Services
- Library 2000
- Valedictorian gift
- Dana Farber Cancer Fund
- Hollis Fireman’s Association
- Beaver Brook
- Faith Baptist Church
- Congregational Church
- USA Figure Skating Memorial Fund
- Hollis-Brookline Cheerleading Club
- Humane Society of Greater Nashua
- Adult Learning Center
- Dress for Success
- Vision International Mission (Romanian children)
- Hugh O’Brien Youth Scholarship
- 2 Hollis/Brookline Scholarships for graduating seniors
- HBHS Community Auditorium Fund
- Hollis Brookline Schools Athletic Fields
- Andy’s Summer Playhouse (toward summer scholarships)
- Among many other worthy causes